0 A.D. Alpha 8 Haxāmaniš released with consistent additions
The delightful free open-source game of ancient warfare, 0 A.D., has just been updated to another consistent release, ALPHA 8 Haxāmaniš (alternate spelling: "Hakhamanish"), bringing numerous additions.
What is new in 0 A.D. ALPHA 8?
- new Persian civilization including a new building set and units chariots, hoplites, rams, biremes, skirmishers, archers, etc)
- saved game support (single-player games can be saved and reloaded)
- multiplayer reconnection support (when the user is disconnected during a multiplayer game, can easily reconnect in terms of seconds)
- option to buy and sell resources in exchange for any other resources, traded at exchange rates that vary with each deal (like, for instance, you spend 100 stone to gain 100 food first time, second time the food will become 1% more expensive)
- 45° Field of View, changed from 20 degrees in order to provide a deeper, more 3D standard look
- new gorgeous music tracks featuring live percussion and flute segment (Sands of Time, Eastern Dreams, The Road Ahead)
- numerous bug fixes
How do we install 0 A.D. ALPHA 8?
Add the following official PPA (Lucid, Maverick, Natty, Oneiric, Precise)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install 0ad