Ayatana Overlay Scrollbars get new gorgeous effect
Another interesting update has just hit the Ayatana Overlay Scrollbars' PPA, bringing a new fancy effect.
We presented the new extended proximity area few days ago, and, now, in this new version (when you hit the edge of a window, the thumb appears with the regular grey scrollbar that acts like an expansion, starting with the main orange scrollbar and ending with the thumb) when you release the thumb, the grey scrollbar has a nice retracting effect.
"To further reduce visual clutter (floating thumbs appearing too often), a smart timeout waits before showing the thumb, but when it's close to the screen edge, it respects Fitts' law and is immediately revealed".
How do we install Ayatana Overlay Scrollbars 0.2.11?
Add the following official PPA (Oneiric)
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ayatana-scrollbar-team/release
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install liboverlay-scrollbar-0.2-0
- Launchpad up-to-date official blueprint: Add overlay scrollbar support for Thunderbird and Firefox (probably Ubuntu 12.10)
- Quantal's Ayatana Overlay Scrollbar to probably receive new touchscreen-based behavior
- Ayatana Overlay Scrollbar's resize via thumb landed in Precise Pangolin
- Ayatana Overlay Scrollbar 0.2.14 released with thicker thumb in Ubuntu 12.04
- Ayatana Overlay Scrollbars 0.2.13 released with Ubuntu-specific texture, enhanced proximity area and more (Ubuntu 11.10 & 12.04)