Blender 2.59 released with numerous bug fixes, improvements and more
Blender is an integrated 3d suite for modelling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback (games), having a vast range of usefulness.
Blender 2.59 has been released few days ago, bringing numerous changes and interesting new features.
This 2.59 version "is the third stable release of the Blender 2.5 series, representing the culmination of many years of redesign, development and stabilizing work".
What is new in Blender 2.59?
- built-in support for 3D Connexion devices, for more natural control during view navigation and fly mode
- node editor enhancements (noodle curves can be changed in the user preferences, node insert improvements, etc)
- custom keymaps (user edited keymaps no longer override the built-in keymaps entirely, but rather save only the difference and reapply those changes, meaning they can stay better in sync when the built-in keymaps change)
- huge amount of fixes, improvements and additions
How do we install Blender 2.59?
Add the following PPA (Karmic, Lucid, Maverick, Natty, Oneiric)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cheleb/blender-svn
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install blender
or, download the archive, unpack it and double-click on the blender executable
- Blender 2.67 released with new features and enhancements
- Versed artist Aidy Burrows explains the usage of Blender in the captivating Lego City Undercover game
- 4TB of 4096x2160 footage from Tears of Steel freely available for download
- Blender 2.66a released with more than 80 bug fixes
- Blender 2.66 released with long-awaited features and more than 250 bug fixes