Blender 2.64 released with numerous features and bug fixes
Blender is a full-fledged powerful integrated 3D suite, presenting the user a professional experience for modelling, animation, post-production, rendering, interactive creation, playback, etc, as well as support to import/export widely known and used file formats (such as 3D Studio, Wavefront Obj, etc).
Blender has been updated to another interesting release, 2.64, release aimed at "integrating branches and patches from the past years", along with new and improved features.
What is new in Blender 2.64?
- Mask Editor (option to create masks directly in the image and movie clip editor, featuring the ability to be used in compositing to define areas of influence for nodes, etc)
- new compositing backend, bringing faster feedback while editing, yet using less memory (suitable for high-resolutions)
- enhanced Motion Tracker (that received planar tracking, thus combining the existing trackers into a singular Hybrid tracker with more accurate control)
- OpenColorIO is now part of Blender 2.64, furthermore, the color management system has been redesigned
- Cycles Render gained a non-progressive integrator, tiled rendering, multithreaded image loading, etc
- improved Sequencer with speed enhancements
- strengthened Collada exporter, gaining optimized export to game engines
- Sculpting received new brush map modes (useful to control how textures are projected onto the model), in-depth control on mesh areas influenced by sculpting, etc
- various new features and numerous bug fixes
How do we install Blender 2.64?
Add the following PPA (Natty, Oneiric, Precise, Quantal)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:irie/blender
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install blender
- Blender 2.67 released with new features and enhancements
- Versed artist Aidy Burrows explains the usage of Blender in the captivating Lego City Undercover game
- 4TB of 4096x2160 footage from Tears of Steel freely available for download
- Blender 2.66a released with more than 80 bug fixes
- Blender 2.66 released with long-awaited features and more than 250 bug fixes