Blender-created exciting short movie Tears of Steel available for download (and/or Youtube)
Blender is a versatile full-fledged 3D suite for animation, modelling, rendering, post-production, interactive creation, etc, designed with a professional interface, support for widely used formats, numerous plugins, speed, etc.
Tears of Steel is definitely a captivating short film, produced by creative developers with Blender, clearly proving that open source technologies are suitable when creating professional movies with fancy effects, proper animations, etc.
Tears of Steel has been released under the Creative Commons, consequently, users are able to freely download (and/or watch it on Youtube) the movie on http://mango.blender.org/production/tears-of-steel-download-watch/
The 12 minute long movie is suitable (according to the release notes) for "12 years and older".
"Tears of Steel was realized with crowd-funding by users of the open source 3D creation tool Blender. Target was to improve and test a complete open and free pipeline for visual effects in film - and to make a compelling sci-fi film in Amsterdam, the Netherlands."
- 4TB of 4096x2160 footage from Tears of Steel freely available for download
- Blenderart Magazine issue 41 published and freely available for download
- Blender 2.67a released with more than 100 bug fixes
- Blender 2.67 released with new features and enhancements
- Versed artist Aidy Burrows explains the usage of Blender in the captivating Lego City Undercover game