Calibre 0.8.44 released with "absolute" fullscreen mode
Calibre is a powerful free open-source e-book library management tool with solid features like e-book conversion, sync, news download, versatile e-book viewer and more.
There are users who, when reading books, prefer to have a minimalistic, distraction-free reading experience, eliminating the "space" between the eyes and the displayed information, users that are not-so-comfortable with a desired "pack" of information cluttered by shiny colorful icons, especially when the "absolute" fullscreen mode gives one the ability to easily perform the same actions as when in "regular" view.
Furthermore, the absolute fullscreen mode's text width can be adjusted under
E-book viewer-->Preferences-->General-->Maximum text width in fullscreen
How do we install Calibre 0.8.44?
Type in a terminal
sudo python -c "import sys; py3 = sys.version_info > 2; u = __import__('urllib.request' if py3 else 'urllib', fromlist=1); exec(u.urlopen('http://status.calibre-ebook.com/linux_installer').read()); main()"
Bugs can be reported on https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre
- How to easily convert MOBI and EPUB files to PDF via Calibre
- Calibre 0.9.27 released with Google Images and Big Book Search cover-download support
- Calibre 0.9.23 released with exciting Edit ToC support
- Calibre 0.9.20 adds enhanced polish-book functionalities
- Calibre 0.9.19 released with exciting Polish books functionality and new features