Calibre 0.8.48 released (Precise PPA available)
Calibre is a versatile e-book library management tool with plenty of features and numerous file types support (MOBI, LIT, EPUB, etc).
Calibre is available in Precise's Ubuntu Software Center but the version is "old" (0.8.38), nevertheless a more up-to-date Calibre version is available in the bellow PPA, PPA that improves Calibre's integration into Ubuntu via various minor under-the-hood tweaks.
Calibre 0.8.48 brings a completely revamped search and replace process, as well as, along with bug fixes and enhanced news sources, support for Amazon's new AZW3 file (now detected as e-book with the view/convert ability).
How do we install Calibre 0.8.48?
Add the following PPA (Precise)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/calibre
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install calibre
- Calibre 0.9.34 released with impressive DOCX-conversion support
- How to easily convert MOBI and EPUB files to PDF via Calibre
- Calibre 0.9.27 released with Google Images and Big Book Search cover-download support
- Calibre 0.9.23 released with exciting Edit ToC support
- Calibre 0.9.20 adds enhanced polish-book functionalities