Chromium 12 (daily build) has received "appmenu" support
Weeks ago, the open-source web browser Chromium received a new carton-ish logo and all was working great, with one exception, Chromium lacked appmenu support.
The last daily builds has brought this natural awesome "appmenu" ("Application Menu/Global-Menu") support, and, what's brilliant, is the exposing of the menu under the wrench, so, all the settings are available directly from the "appmenu".
How do we install Chromium 12 (daily/unstable build with the "appmenu" support)
Add the following PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:chromium-daily/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install chromium-browser
then, type "about:flags" in the omnibox (url bar), go to "Experimental GNOME menu bar support" and click "Enable".
- Access your Firefox and Chromium/Chrome web-history with Unity Web History lens (PPA available)
- uTouch-based Chromium smooth scrolling to probably land in Precise Pangolin
- Chromium 15 final released with fancy New Tab page, extended menu and more
- Chromium 14 final released with built-in smooth scrolling
- Chromium 12 final released with enhanced quicklist, "appmenu" integration and bug fixes