Chromium 14 final released with built-in smooth scrolling
Smooth scrolling is, generally speaking, web-browser specific and can be usually installed via third-party extensions/add-ons (in Ubuntu 11.10 smooth scrolling can be observed even in the file manager, making use of Ayatana Overlay Scrollbars).
Chromium web-browser 14 final has been released and it is now available in the main repos (can be installed via Ubuntu Software Center) bringing an experimental but usable Smooth Scrolling extension that successfully implements globally the smooth scrolling (functional even in configuration pages such as chrome://flags)
How do we install it?
Open Chromium, type chrome://flags (it seems that this is the new about:flags), navigate to Smooth Scrolling and click Enable.
- Access your Firefox and Chromium/Chrome web-history with Unity Web History lens (PPA available)
- uTouch-based Chromium smooth scrolling to probably land in Precise Pangolin
- Chromium 15 final released with fancy New Tab page, extended menu and more
- Chromium 12 final released with enhanced quicklist, "appmenu" integration and bug fixes
- "Adwaita (GNOME 3) scrollbars", awesome Chrome/ium extension