Compiz 0.9.7 landed in Precise Pangolin with an overall improved performance
Another week, another step towards the already usual stability and overall improvements in Precise Pangolin.
After the launch of Ubuntu 11.10, there was a consistent amount of bugs related to Compiz, varying from issues like when VSync was enabled/disabled, maximize/minimize bugs, lost focus when maneuvering several windows, low frame rate, windows tearing and ending with an overall unpleasant Unity session, especially after numerous continuous hours of usage, regardless of the used drivers.
Although Ubuntu 12.04 is an LTS and extra efforts are to be put into its development, it seems that, in numerous cases, almost all bugs are being addressed, approach needed for a pixel-perfect desktop (both in appearance and performance), touching even the most hidden parts of Unity .
A new major Compiz version, 0.9.7, has landed in Precise Pangolin, aiming at an overall performance improvement, addressing lots of bugs and transforming Ubuntu 12.04 into a snappier, faster experience with optimized used resources.
- CompizConfig Settings Manager updated with attention dialog and fixed Unity plugin
- New CCSM lands in Ubuntu 12.04 removing sliders
- Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS released and available for download
- How to easily add names for workspaces in Ubuntu 12.10
- Compiz 0.9.8 landed in Ubuntu 12.10 with dedicated unminimize animation, new plugins and numerous fixes