Easily install fancy scrollbars in Chrome/ium (Ayatana Overlay Scrollbars-like)
We are used to, in Ubuntu, that every release should (and actually does) bring a decent amount of innovation and creativity in fields like user interface, new features, real-estate optimizations, etc.
One quite interesting project that generates much attention and appreciation in Natty Narwhal is "Ayatana Overlay Scrollbars", fancy functional way to get high-quality scrolling, more screen space and a modern UI.
The problem is that, in Ubuntu 11.04, are "heavy" applications that don't use this scrollbars (Firefox, Chromium, etc).
Until all the apps will be fully supported, we can use different solutions to have a consistent desktop and, if you are a massive Chrome/ium user, there is an extension that looks almost exactly like "Ayatana Overlay Scrollbars" (red color on black background), one can hardly see the difference.
How can we install "Black and Red Scollbar"?
Just follow this link @Chrome Web Store.
- "Adwaita (GNOME 3) scrollbars", awesome Chrome/ium extension
- Chrome/ium 11 receives new carton-ish logo (development versions only)
- Bring a serious boost in speed in Chrome/ium by simply turning on the built-in hardware acceleration
- 5 Chrome/ium handy shortcuts that make your live easier
- Notify-OSD + Chrome/ium = Chromify-OSD extension