Enrich your lightweight yet entertaining game collection with puzzle game Spheres and 3D shooter Bionightmare (Ubuntu Software Center)
Recently, Ubuntu adopted a bold and challenging gaming-related approach, that is to probably land globally known and appreciated games, in a what seems to be a serious energy pushed towards Ubuntu gamification, in the sense of adding, along with the default values as stability, security, full-fledged user experience, etc, a gaming niche, easily accessible via Ubuntu Software Center.
Nevertheless, on the other hand, constantly minor yet entertaining games are landing in Ubuntu Software Center, allowing users to easily install them, games suitable for both relatively serious gaming "actions" and also for procrastination, quick game playing periods between projects/breaks, thus entertaining and relaxing the brain.
The gamer is to resolve the spheres via the rounded sphere switcher that changes/swaps one sphere with another for accurate positioning of similarly colored globes.
Spheres comes with three difficulty levels (basic, dynamic, static), as well as an enabled-by-default vivid music (with support to disabled it under
Spheres is available for free in Ubuntu Software Center.
The game features different zombies classes, five gaming levels, indoor and outdoor environments, basically, a simplistic yet entertaining game with properly rendered lights, zombies, "terror" sounds, etc.
Launching Bionightmare lite, presents the user a fullscreen gaming experience (without window borders), game powered by a 3D game engine.
Bionightmare lite is available for free via Ubuntu Software Center.
- Pong-like multi-touch game, Plonk 2.1, landed in Ubuntu SDK Apps Collection's PPA
- Free open-source physics engine QML-Box2D released, opens the door for interesting-games creation
- QML-based Tic-Tac-Toe game video-demoed with impressive animations
- Feed your pleasure for 2D simplistic-yet-captivating games with The Blob Game and Meteor Blaster
- Resurrect your retro gaming passion with Pongaronga, free Pong-like game