FileSwap Filelink add-on adds FileSwap file attachment support to Thunderbird (free service, anonymous account supported)
FileSwap Filelink is a handy extension that allows the user to utilize www.FileSwap.com for Thunderbird attachments, a free online service usable with or without an account.
In order to add FileSwap support:
- download the add-on
- install the add-on by opening
Thunderbird-->Edit-->Tools-->Add-ons-->wrench's Install Add-on From File
- enable FileSwap under
A definitely interesting aspect of FileSwap is its double-sided nature, meaning, the user can select to use the service as registered user (requires an account) or anonymous (activating it by simply selecting the service from inside Thunderbird, 500 MB offered space).
Linking an attachment to FileSwap (or Ubuntu One, Dropbox) is as easily as, while writing an email, clicking the
Attach button and selecting a file larger than 1 MB (summons a bottom dialog, from where
Link can be clicked), action that exposes a dialog (allowing the user to select FileSwap).
The not-registered FileSwap account features a limited amount of "life", as opposed to the regular 2GB-sized registered account (where files are "always" available).
- Thunderbird's address book official prototype published
- Thunderbird 17 ALPHA 2 receives new "cog"-like Australis button
- Use Dropbox for big-sized attachments in Thunderbird via the add-on Dropbox for Filelink
- Launchpad up-to-date official blueprint: Add overlay scrollbar support for Thunderbird and Firefox (probably Ubuntu 12.10)
- Thunderbird 15 BETA 1 landed in Ubuntu 12.10 (how to use the Ubuntu One support)