gCAD3D 1.56 released bringing new features and many bug fixes
gCAD3D is a 3D CAD-CAM full fledged application with an built-in 3D OpenGl viewer, a program interpreter for geometry and NC-commands in 3D, an integrated NC-processor and a programming interface for user programs.
It has support for a huge amount of file types and support complex actions like importing step files and support for importing/exporting Iges, VRML and SVG files.
The developer team has just updated gCAD3D to 1.56 version bringing new features like:
- new CAD-function to define the orientation of submodels by rotation angle (more here)
- digital terrain modelling application APP_GIS1: breaklines and void areas added (for a closer look see this )
- "scaleall" bug fixed
- "displistallocation" bug fixed (64-bit)
- VRML2 import/export bug fixed
- supports multiple instances
- rich menu
- lightweight (small amount of resources)
gCAD3D is freeware and available for Linux 32%64 bit (Ubuntu 100% compatible) in English/Deutsch.
How do we install gCAD3D 1.56?
Download it, double-click on the executable (make sure that "allow executing as a program" is checked) and follow the steps (no extra dependency is needed).
Important -after installation the program sends a shortcut on the Desktop, just make sure to check "allow executing as a program".