Give Calibre a Faenza-ish look&feel
Calibre is a versatile full-fledged e-book library management tool that features a powerful built-in e-book reader with support for numerous file types.
Various users expressed across the internets probably an objective concern related to Calibre's UI, especially about the used icons that seem unsuitable for such a powerful application.
The bellow icon "theme", which is a small pack of grouped Faenza icons, comes to fix the icon theming issue, providing gorgeous Faenza icons on Calibre's main view, both colored and monochrome.
The toolbar's icons have been replaced with monochrome icons, with the exception of Calibre's main icon (used to display the books number, too) and the Donate icon (can be removed under
Calibre-->Preferences-->Toolbar-->The main toolbar).
How do we add the new icons?
Download the archive, unpack it and type in a terminal (if you unpacked the archive on the Desktop)
- if Calibre have been installed via Ubuntu Software Center
sudo cp Desktop/faenza-calibre/* /usr/share/calibre/images
- if Calibre have been installed via the terminal (by following the official web-site's instructions)
sudo cp Desktop/faenza-calibre/* /opt/calibre/resources/images
- How to easily convert MOBI and EPUB files to PDF via Calibre
- Calibre 0.9.27 released with Google Images and Big Book Search cover-download support
- Calibre 0.9.23 released with exciting Edit ToC support
- Calibre 0.9.20 adds enhanced polish-book functionalities
- Calibre 0.9.19 released with exciting Polish books functionality and new features