Google+ plugin for Gwibber implemented (limited preview)
Weeks ago, Gwibber introduced new additions into Ubuntu's social client (optimized used resources, handy expanders to show/hide attachments when on Twitter, etc), as well as various plans that are to probably land in Gwibber in the future, like Google+ plugin.
The actual implementation is blocked by certain Google+ API limitations, nevertheless an initial limited preview of the plugin has been implemented, plugin that is further to be developed and enhanced.
"Unfortunately, because of current limitations of the Google+ API, you can only view your own posts".
The work-in-progress can be observed on https://code.launchpad.net/gwibber-service-googleplus
- The new QML-based Gwibber renamed to Friends-app, available via Ubuntu 13.04's Ubuntu Software Center
- The QML-based Gwibber received visual changes and new features
- The new QML-based Gwibber received impressive refresh-content animation and monochrome icons
- The new QML-based Gwibber presented with Twitter, Facebook and identica support
- The new QML-based Gwibber available via PPA, comes with super-smooth scrolling