Gwibber 3.4 to add Google+, multi-column view, live search and more in Ubuntu 12.04
Ubuntu 11.10 introduced the new Gwibber 3.2, application that makes our social media interactions an enjoyable experience via a polished, fancy and modern interface.
Ubuntu 12.04 is to be launched in the next months, and, already, just before the near future UDS, various default apps have started to draw their plans for upcoming releases.
Precise Pangolin's Gwibber, 3.4 version, will feature multi-column view, live search, photo/video uploads and additional in-line viewing support.
Google+ is to be added also, along with an improved account management, smooth scrolling and a reduced memory usage (compared to 3.2 version).
Unity lens Gwibber will benefit an improved filter selection and categorization, as well as enhanced actions (clicking on a tile should raise the client and view the post).
This features could be followed by a 3.4's GNOME-Shell integration, along with an up-to-date user guide.
- Gwibber 3.3.91 released with expanders and improved scrolling
- Gwibber 3.3.5 landed in Precise Pangolin with monochrome icons
- Gwibber 3.3.3 released with fixed memory leaks and boost in speed (Ubuntu 12.04)
- Unity Gwibber lens 3.3.1 released with user accounts filter (Ubuntu 12.04)
- The new QML-based Gwibber renamed to Friends-app, available via Ubuntu 13.04's Ubuntu Software Center