Gwibber and Kazam: CALL FOR BUG HUNT
Ubuntu's default social client, Gwibber, in partnership with Kazam Screencaster, have launched a CALL FOR BUG HUNT with the obvious reason of bug fixing, aiming to more stable applications.
The bug hunting process is simple, users need an up-to-date Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin with Gwibber 3.3.90 (installed by default in 12.04 LTS) and Kazam 1.0.4 (Kazam can also be run on Ubuntu 11.10).
Users interested in the bug hunt are more than welcomed to join #gwibber and #kazam on irc.freenode.net where are to receive further instructions (for questions, contact BigWhale).
In the above mentioned Gwibber testing page, there are presented various tests specific for Unity Gwibber lens, to install it:
sudo apt-get install unity-lens-gwibber
In Ubuntu 12.04, Kazam 1.0.4 can be installed via Ubuntu Software Center (no PPA required).
- The new QML-based Gwibber renamed to Friends-app, available via Ubuntu 13.04's Ubuntu Software Center
- The QML-based Gwibber received visual changes and new features
- The new QML-based Gwibber received impressive refresh-content animation and monochrome icons
- Kazam 1.4.2 released with refined selection area
- The new QML-based Gwibber presented with Twitter, Facebook and identica support