Gwibber is to receive a Google+ plugin (probably in Ubuntu 12.04)
Gwibber, Ubuntu's default social client, is subjected to interesting additions at the moment, continuing its road towards new features.
After last week's call for feedback (related to a possible new logo), a new launchpad project has just been created by Ubuntu's Ken Vandine that is to continue the development of a new Google+ plugin, which will integrate Google+ into Gwibber.
The project is not a mere concept but real code, that is to be enhanced and strengthened before its inclusion in Gwibber.
- The new QML-based Gwibber renamed to Friends-app, available via Ubuntu 13.04's Ubuntu Software Center
- The QML-based Gwibber received visual changes and new features
- The new QML-based Gwibber received impressive refresh-content animation and monochrome icons
- The new QML-based Gwibber presented with Twitter, Facebook and identica support
- The new QML-based Gwibber available via PPA, comes with super-smooth scrolling