Having ideas about new Unity lenses? How about sharing them with interested developer?
Unity Torrents, Unity Help lens, Unity Askubuntu lens, Unity Wikipedia lens, etc, are lenses available (via PPAs) for Ubuntu, lenses that gather and expose a wide range of item types and functionalities.
Nevertheless, where there are millions of users, there are numerous tastes, preferences, desires, etc, needed to be covered in order to satisfy users' use cases/demands.
After creating and releasing Unity VM lens, Unity GitHub lens and Unity PyPi lens, Chris Wayne has published an article (on the official blog) aimed at gathering ideas for lenses, "I’d like to ask if theres any lenses someone wants but hasn’t found yet".
The purpose of the mentioned inquiry is the probable near-future implementation of various user ideas in real code (lenses), "If you think of one, leave it in the comments, and if it’s feasible, I’ll get to it!".
In order to leave a comment (bearing what-I-think-would-be-a-great-lens ideas about lenses), navigate to http://chrismwayne.com/?p=45
- Access PuBmed, Google Scholar and JSTOR with Unity Academic lens
- Access movie details, know actors and play trailers via Unity Movie lens
- Easily translate words via Unity WordReference lens
- Unity PyPI lens 0.8 landed in Ubuntu Software Center
- How to easily enable a third-party lens to respect Unity's online-search default approach