How to add emblems to files & folders in Ubuntu 11.10
Ubuntu's default file manager, Nautilus, brought important changes with the new 3.x version, among which the removal of emblems (small icons attachable to a file/folder).
Weeks ago, we presented a suite of handy Nautilus scripts with numerous functionalities, and, just now, the scripts have been updated to a new version, 0.3.7, adding Emblemizer, a tool to add emblems to files and folders in Nautilus 3.
Emblemizer performs in two separate ways:
- Emblemize (contains category-specific icons, useful for general files/folder like packages, art collections, etc)
- Emblemize 2 (full of numerous general icons)
How do we install Emblemizer?
Add the following PPA (Oneiric)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nae-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nautilus-actions nautilus-actions-extra
then, restart Nautilus
How do we use Emblemizer?
Rigth-click on a file/folder-->Advanced Actions-->Emblemize
Bugs can be reported on https://bugs.launchpad.net/~nae-team
- Handy Nautilus Actions suite enriched with new scripts and separate packages
- Imgizor adds resize and rotate to Nautilus Actions scripts (Ubuntu 11.10 & 12.04)
- Enrich your Nautilus with numerous actions in Oneiric Ocelot
- SystemClean, lightweight system cleaner, updated to version 1.5
- Where-is-this-icon, handy nautilus-script, updated