It's official! Mozilla Web Apps available for Ubuntu's Firefox
Days ago, Mozilla developers have released a fix that makes the entire web apps stack usable under Linux, in the sense of allowing Linux users to install and run web apps via their Firefox web-browser.
After days of testing the web apps-enabled try build, the exciting fix has landed in Firefox 16 nightly, thus allowing Ubuntu users to run, install and separately manage web apps.
In order to install web apps, navigate to https://apps.mozillalabs.com/appdir/ , click the Install button and launch the installed web apps via the Dash.
Although probably further configuration options and removal functionalities are to probably land "inside" Firefox in the near future, the at-the-moment removal, tweaking, deleting of a particular web-app can be performed under the home folder (like for instance, the barfight web app keeps its files in the
Firefox 16 nightly is available for download on http://nightly.mozilla.org/
- Mozilla Web Apps usable under Ubuntu's Firefox
- Ubuntu's Jason Warner continues the Firefox/Chromium official debate with open participation to discussion
- How to easily see interesting performance data about Firefox with Firefox Health Report
- Firefox 21 released with new providers, undo capabilities for New Tab Page and new features
- Firefox Nightly received fancy developer-aimed network monitor