LibreOffice 3.4 Writer Guide available for both purchase and free download
LibreOffice 3.4 Writer Guide has been launched as a full-fledged document, developed and written by "volunteers from the LibreOffice community".
The book addresses topics suitable for both beginners and advanced users, topics ranging from text editing and formatting, page-layout methods, templates and styles, built-in drawing tools, to database integration and more.
The LibreOffice version 3.4.6-based book, LibreOffice 3.4 Writer Guide, can be purchased from lulu for $22.06.
Furthermore, the handy 450+ pages PDF guide can be downloaded for free on https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/7/73/WG3400-WriterGuideLO.pdf
"Profits from the sale of this book will be used to benefit the community".
- 390-pages-long LibreOffice 4.0 Getting Started Guide freely available for download
- LibreOffice reaches 200-conversions milestone on shifting to new .UI dialogs
- LibreOffice (and other free software) started to be shipped on Extremadura's 40,000 PCs, migration to save 30 million Euro per year
- LibreOffice 4.0.3 released with 100 bug fixes
- The LibreOffice developers are working on automated import crash testing, 60 crashes detected while testing 24,500 documents in a single test