LibreOffice 3.5.5 released with numerous bug fixes
LibreOffice 3.5.5 has just been released, mainly as a bug fixes version aimed at both "regular" users and corporate environments.
Fixed crashes (related to style and formatting, RTF export, etc), various improvements (boost in speed when dealing with "massive" documents, optimized import process, etc) and numerous under-the-hood fixes and enhancements come to deliver a "tight", more stable office suite.
How do we install LibreOffice 3.5.5?
Add the following official PPA (Precise)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-gnome
- LibreOffice reaches 200-conversions milestone on shifting to new .UI dialogs
- LibreOffice (and other free software) started to be shipped on Extremadura's 40,000 PCs, migration to save 30 million Euro per year
- LibreOffice 4.0.3 released with 100 bug fixes
- The LibreOffice developers are working on automated import crash testing, 60 crashes detected while testing 24,500 documents in a single test
- LibreOffice 3.6.6 released with 50 bugs fixed, strengthens its 3.6.x series