LibreOffice 3.6 to probably add CorelDraw import filter
LibreOffice 3.5.x is the current stable version used in Ubuntu (by default in 12.04, via official PPA in Ubuntu 11.10), nevertheless the plans for the upcoming 3.6 release have already started with interesting announcements, like the new Ubuntu Template Curators.
LibreOffice 3.6 is to probably add support (daily builds with the new feature are to be released in the next days) for CorelDraw file format import, furthermore "it also supports the updated binary format (v16) used in their new version released less than a month ago" via "libcdr-0.0.6 with support of all 32-bit CorelDraw formats, from version 6 to 16", thus making LibreOffice 3.6 "the first and only FOSS application that supports versions 6, 15 and 16 of the CorelDraw file-format".
- LibreOffice reaches 200-conversions milestone on shifting to new .UI dialogs
- LibreOffice (and other free software) started to be shipped on Extremadura's 40,000 PCs, migration to save 30 million Euro per year
- LibreOffice 4.0.3 released with 100 bug fixes
- The LibreOffice developers are working on automated import crash testing, 60 crashes detected while testing 24,500 documents in a single test
- LibreOffice 3.6.6 released with 50 bugs fixed, strengthens its 3.6.x series