LibreOffice 3.6.4 released with bug fixes
The Document Foundation has just released a new version of LibreOffice, 3.6.4, office suite version presenting itself as a bug fixes release.
Fixed font rendering in Impress presentations, fixed scrollbars (in cases like broken Calc horizontal scrollbars), accurate hyperlink processing under DOCX files, optimized image scaling when on file-open actions, proper unchecked/disabled state of disabled extensions, etc, are part of the newly released LibreOffice 3.6.4.
Usually, users search applications by typing the accurate app names into the Dash's search area, nevertheless, Unity exposes search results generated by keywords (different from the app name), too.
LibreOffice 3.6.4 adds keywords to its .desktop files, such as text, letter, CV, odt, doc, docx (for LibreOffice Writer).
odt in Dash's search area, exposes now LibreOffice Writer as a matched result (along with other matched search results), allowing the user to more easily discover the office suite.
How do we install LibreOffice 3.6.4?
Add the following official PPA (Quantal)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice
- LibreOffice reaches 200-conversions milestone on shifting to new .UI dialogs
- LibreOffice (and other free software) started to be shipped on Extremadura's 40,000 PCs, migration to save 30 million Euro per year
- LibreOffice 4.0.3 released with 100 bug fixes
- The LibreOffice developers are working on automated import crash testing, 60 crashes detected while testing 24,500 documents in a single test
- LibreOffice 3.6.6 released with 50 bugs fixed, strengthens its 3.6.x series