LibreOffice 4.0 BETA 2 released
Weeks ago, the LibreOffice developers announced a new 4.x LibreOffice series, event followed by the landing of LibreOffice 4.0 ALPHA and BETA 1.
LibreOffice 4.0 BETA 2 has been released, strengthening its initial ALPHA and BETA stages, development effort aimed at the upcoming 4.0 stable release.
The BETA 2 version comes with a significant number of bug fixes and improvements, shaping LibreOffice 4.0 BETA 1 into a more stable optimized office suite, shaping process performed via 70 bug fixes.
Improved Visio filter, faster RTF loading, accurate formatting in cells, correct gradient rendering in presentation mode, etc, are part of LibreOffice 4.0 BETA 2.
How do we test/install LibreOffice 4.0 BETA 2?
Add the following unstable PPA (Raring)
sudo apt-get purge libreoffice-core
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-prereleases
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice
LibreOffice 4.0 stable is to land in Ubuntu 13.04 in the near future.
- LibreOffice reaches 200-conversions milestone on shifting to new .UI dialogs
- LibreOffice (and other free software) started to be shipped on Extremadura's 40,000 PCs, migration to save 30 million Euro per year
- LibreOffice 4.0.3 released with 100 bug fixes
- The LibreOffice developers are working on automated import crash testing, 60 crashes detected while testing 24,500 documents in a single test
- LibreOffice 3.6.6 released with 50 bugs fixed, strengthens its 3.6.x series