LibreOffice 4.0 to receive Personas support
LibreOffice can be easily characterized as a constantly enriched and improved project, powerful open-source application that presents itself as a filled-with-features office suite, allowing users to hassle-free manage and edit numerous document types and formats.
Across the latest months, users have expressed a demand for a LibreOffice visual refresh, demand satisfied by the LibreOffice developers via community-open submission processes (for splash-screens, about screens, etc), minor visual enhancements, etc.
In Firefox, users can install Personas, interesting (partial) themes that decorate the web-browser with thousands and thousands of colors, shapes, famous animated characters, movie symbols, etc, basically, adding/enabling a Persona renders pleasant-to-the-eye themes on the web-browser.
It seems that LibreOffice is to receive support for Personas, project already being expressed in real code.
According to the LibreOffice developer, Michael Meeks, Personas for LibreOffice are to land "in 4.0.0 rc1 - due soon", probably by default, thus transforming the popular office tool into a highly-tweakable (from an appearance point-of-view) app.
Adding a Persona is to be as simple as navigating to
LibreOffice-->Tools-->Personalization-->Select Persona, then navigating to http://www.getpersonas.com (basically, the user will be able to select from 35,000 available Personas).
Personas for LibreOffice has been implemented "re-using another nice Mozilla feature for LibreOffice 4.0".
- LibreOffice 4.0 RC 1 released with Personas support
- LibreOffice reaches 200-conversions milestone on shifting to new .UI dialogs
- LibreOffice (and other free software) started to be shipped on Extremadura's 40,000 PCs, migration to save 30 million Euro per year
- LibreOffice 4.0.3 released with 100 bug fixes
- The LibreOffice developers are working on automated import crash testing, 60 crashes detected while testing 24,500 documents in a single test