LibreOffice: Open Google+-based voting for splash screens
Weeks ago, LibreOffice launched an interesting CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS, where, the creative users were to send splash screens to be used by LibreOffice.
June 29th 2012 has arrived, consequently, the "contest" has come to an end, furthermore, the developers have just launched a poll where users are to vote for their preferred only-one splash screen, an initiative that clearly exposes LibreOffice's complete openness not only on its code but just-as-important relevant visible changes.
The voted splash screens will be considered for the default inclusion in the upcoming LibreOffice 3.6.
The voting can be performed on https://plus.google.com/102673546895803839652/posts/FRtrAazgb6W
- LibreOffice 4.0.3 landed in its official PPA with Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 12.10 support
- LibreOffice reaches 200-conversions milestone on shifting to new .UI dialogs
- LibreOffice (and other free software) started to be shipped on Extremadura's 40,000 PCs, migration to save 30 million Euro per year
- LibreOffice 4.0.3 released with 100 bug fixes
- The LibreOffice developers are working on automated import crash testing, 60 crashes detected while testing 24,500 documents in a single test