Make your point! Add your opinion! Help shape the Ubuntu TV!
Ubuntu TV, from its very beginning, attracted a solid amount of positive feedback and an overall increased interest across the internets, being, along with its Ubuntu for Android "brother", new and exciting technologies launched by Ubuntu in a serious "demand" of reaching numerous hardware formats (phones, TVs, tablets, etc).
Presented at the beginning with a Unity 2D "back" (the project is still a prototype, not landed yet), it is, at the moment, being ported to Unity 3D, and, along with various under-the-hood improvements and refactorings, Ubuntu TV is now "opened" for feedback coming from community, feedback that is to shape the next releases.
The developers are particularly interested in user feedback regarding five main areas: local/networked media (Ubuntu TV's relationship with local devices and local network), online media (how is Ubuntu TV to find/play online media), control from another device (smartphone, tablets, etc), broadcast (livetv, PVR), applications (apps useful on a TV).
For user interested in expressing and adding opinions, ideas, thoughts about the mentioned key points, navigate to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuTV/UseCases and add your views.
- Ubuntu TV demoed with no-Flash-required Youtube and interesting visual elements
- Ubuntu TV demoed on 1 core CPU and 1GB RAM notebook
- Ubuntu TV launched CALL FOR HELP aimed at non-programmer users (Grammar-fixing related)
- Ubuntu TV starts new exciting road closely related to Ubuntu for phones
- Ubuntu TV demoed via projector with meters-sized directly-on-physical-walls experience