Management Service, Landscape, landed in Precise Pangolin
Landscape is s powerful system management tool, useful to monitor, update and maneuver numerous Ubuntu system (desktops, servers, cloud instances, etc) from a single interface.
Landscape has landed in Ubuntu 12.04's default applications, being available via System Settings in form of a "trigger" (clicking on its icon will launch the actual install process and configuration).
Landscape is part of Ubuntu Advantage, meaning it offers professional support via Canonical team.
The bellow video (although published in 2009) presents Landscape's main features and utilities.
- New Ubuntu 12.04-branded items available in the official Ubuntu shop
- Today, April 16th 2013, Canonical and VMware announced interesting partnership at the OpenStack Summit
- Canonical is attending the OpenStack Summit between April 15-18 2013 in Portland, Oregon
- Ubuntu Server becomes the only OS fully operational across HP Moonshot (x86 and ARM), the "new style of IT"
- Canonical announces exciting collaboration with Chinese entities to produce Ubuntu Kylin