Mark Shuttleworth, at UDS-Q: The next LTS, 14.04, to be the best platform in the world
UDS-Q was an exciting event that brought a solid amount of news for the next Ubuntu development cycle, where Quantal is the first piece of the next 2 years Ubuntu iteration (the period of time from an LTS to another).
An interesting attribute of Ubuntu is the constant projected high standards and objectives always in big steps (200 millions users, "intelligent" menus, full-fledged desktop experience running inside of a phone, etc) legitimately backed by users all over the world (massive amount of positive feedback around Ubuntu for Android, the HUD, cross-platform Ubuntu One, Ubuntu TV, etc).
Mark Shuttleworth, in an UDS-Q interview conducted by Novacut's Jason DeRose, stated: "the next LTS, 14.04, to be the best platform in the world" as a real goal where quality and excellent collaboration are to be vital.
- Mark Shuttleworth at UDS-Q: We have new ideas how to integrate paper, origami into our themes
- Mark Shuttleworth about Ubuntu 13.10: "Focus is cloud and phone but of course many hands make for the ability to accommodate more ideas"
- Mark Shuttleworth: "I’m going to treat the cutting edge of Ubuntu as a rolling release"
- Mark Shuttleworth conducted interesting keynote at the OpenStack Summit
- Mark Shuttleworth: "I was overly optimistic" about Unity-7-for-Ubuntu-12.04, "looking forwards to an amazing Unity-Next"