Meet the design-oriented lens, Unity Graphic Design lens (Ubuntu 11.10 & 12.04)
In the past months, lots of new lenses have emerged, inheriting a common quality, specialized in usual tasks.
On the other hand, Unity Graphic Design lens is a specialized tool, aimed towards designers, acting as a global place that can easily offer various resources needed for design, all in the comfort of the Dash.
The lens comes with four scopes:
- Designs gather data from Dribbble, website also known as Twitter for designers (here you can abundantly find various images suited for a wide range of tastes and needs)
- Palettes, 1-click adds color pallets to GIMP/Inkscape
- Icons opens the vast iconfinder's icon collection
to get an icon, click on it (it will open in your default web-browser)
then, Save as
- Brushes scope brings deviantart into the lens
How do we install Unity Graphic Design lens 0.1?
Add the following official PPA (Oneiric, Precise)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:scopes-packagers/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install unity-lens-graphicdesign unity-scope-colourlovers unity-scope-deviantart unity-scope-dribbble unity-scope-iconfinder
Then, reboot your computer.
when you browse various items in the lens, clicking the See x more results will expose a More results button (clicking on it will add more and more items in that particular scope).
Bugs can be reported on https://bugs.launchpad.net/onehundredscopes by adding the name of the scope/lens in square brackets (like, for instance [graphicdesign]) in front of your bug report.
- Unity Help lens adds Devhelp and TeXdoc scopes
- Add wordnik-based synonyms and antonyms into the Dash via Unity Thesaurus scope
- Unity Utilities lens adds handy wordnik-based Dictionary scope
- Unity Graphic Design lens gets full functionality for Ubuntu 12.04
- Unity Contacts lens brings Ubuntu One and Google Contacts into the Dash