Meet "Unity. Simplify Your Life", a free .pdf book about Ubuntu's Unity
Unity is Ubuntu's new innovative shell and, although there are many blogs, wikis and how-to's on the net, there are are people who want to look at Unity-shell's A-B-C.
If you are one of those people or you just want to measure your knowledge about Unity against a good book/tutorial, take a look at Unity. Simplify Your Life, a 98 pages free .pdf book.
"After many months of blood, sweat, and tears (literally), I am happy to announce that our first Unity guide is complete and ready for your enjoyment. The creation of this guide really was a labor of love, and I hope the results will speak accordingly".
The goodies are all over the place, reading this book you will encounter various topics, varying from "Personalizing the launcher", "Using the Dash" and keep going explaining Ubuntu's main apps ("Access The Internet", "Listen To Music", etc).
Download Unity. Simplify Your Life
Among numerous thanks'es, the book has a special dedication: "This guide is dedicated to Mark Shuttleworth, Ubuntu visionary and founder of the Ubuntu project. Thank you for making the world a better place"
- Unity updated in Raring Ringtail with refreshed clockwise Ubuntu logo
- Unity updated in Ubuntu 13.04 with performance improvements and smoother Unity Previews animations
- Ubuntu 13.04's Unity gained interesting checked state for quicklists
- Unity 7.0 landed in Ubuntu 13.04, marks the Raring-specific Unity version
- Ubuntu 13.04's Unity received illuminated icon states for Trash and storage devices