Minecraft-like Minetest 0.4.3 released with fixes and optimizations (official PPA available)
Minetest-c55 is an entertaining game inspired by Minecraft and InfiniMiner, presenting the user a infinite-world block-based gaming experience, similar in a approach and look to the widely known Minecraft.
Minetest-c55 is free and open-source software, designed at being stable, fast and lightweight, suitable for both powerful and "old" low-specs computers.
Basically, the gaming action is shaped around walking around and creating items from available materials, gaming experience enhanced by a proper map generator, multiplayer support and dynamic lightning.
Minetest-c55 has been updated to version 0.4.3, bringing numerous fixes and optimizations.
Animated torches and vessels, smooth transitions from deserts to grass, refreshed creative inventory, refined shortcuts (like for instance,
Shift is now the default key responsible for climb down), enhanced mods, etc, come to deliver a "stronger", more stable Minetest-c55 version.
How do we install Minetest 0.4.3?
Add the following official PPA (Natty, Oneiric, Precise, Quantal)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:minetestdevs/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install minetestc55
- Free open-source Minecraft-inspired game, Minetest 0.4.1 released (official PPA available)
- Free open-source physics engine QML-Box2D released, opens the door for interesting-games creation
- QML-based Tic-Tac-Toe game video-demoed with impressive animations
- Feed your pleasure for 2D simplistic-yet-captivating games with The Blob Game and Meteor Blaster
- Minetest 0.4.6 released with vast amount of additions