Mozilla Firefox 4 BETA 11 released with "DO NOT TRACK" option
Mozilla has just released Firefox 4 beta 11 bringing an improvement in performance and stability, many bug fixes and, of course, new features.
So, what is new in Firefox 4 beta 11:
- a new "Do Not Track" option (is a privacy feature to provide more control over online behavioral tracking)
"The Web is evolving quickly and so are the ways that your data is collected, shared and stored. With the integration of the “Do Not Track” option into Firefox 4 Beta, you can now check a “Do Not Track” box in the “Advanced” screen of Firefox’s Options. When this option is selected, a header will be sent signaling to websites that you wish to opt-out of online behavioral tracking. You will not notice any difference in your browsing experience until sites and advertisers start responding to the header".
- a new home page with a larger Google search area and a clean interface
If you want to test this BETA, download it from here.
Firefox 4 beta 11 is already in Ubuntu 11.04 alpha 2, Natty Narwhal (VLC 1.1.7 landed, too).
- Mozilla Firefox 4 FINAL released with speed, look and privacy improvements
- Mozilla Firefox full integration into AppMenu extension has just landed in Natty Narwhal (no PPA required)
- Mozilla Firefox 4 BETA 12 released with improved performance in Flash content viewing
- Mozilla Firefox 4 beta 10 released with improvements in memory usage
- Mozilla Firefox 4 beta 9 has landed on Natty Narwhal bringing a boost in speed and many bug fixes