Mozilla Firefox 5 released with more than 1000 enhancements
Mozilla has recently embraced a rapid release approach, and, three months after the launching of Firefox 4, just now, Firefox 5 final/stable has been made available and it is ready to improve your web world.
So, what is new in Firefox 5?
There are no major UI changes, because "the latest version of Firefox includes more than 1,000 improvements and performance enhancements that make it easier to discover and use all of the innovative features in Firefox", so, basically, it is a bug fixes-related version (one could name it a security update).
How do we install Mozilla Firefox 5?
Firefox 5 will land in Natty Narwhal and Oneiric Ocelot via the update manager (no PPA required) in a matter of hours.
Add the following official PPA (Lucid, Maverick)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/firefox-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
If you want to test Firefox 5, download the package from here.
- Firefox 21 released with new providers, undo capabilities for New Tab Page and new features
- Firefox Nightly received fancy developer-aimed network monitor
- Firefox Nightly UX received fancy visual additions
- Firefox 20 released with fancy Download Manager and enhanced private-browsing mode
- Australis demoed with sub-view support