Mozilla Firefox 6 final released
Mozilla has released Firefox 6 final just now and, it seems that follows the rapid release cycle announced months ago (Firefox 4 was released this year).
The most noticeable changes are the new look of the "Awesome Bar" (URL bar) which highlights a website's domain name and the identity block in more vivid colors, and also, a faster "Panorama".
As usual, Mozilla Firefox 6 comes with numerous bug fixes and some speed improvements.
How do we install Mozilla Firefox 6?
Firefox 6 will land in Natty Narwhal (it hasn't hit Natty yet, but there is a high probability, if not, just add the PPA) and Oneiric Ocelot via the update manager (no PPA required) in a matter of hours.
Add the following official PPA (Lucid, Maverick)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/firefox-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
- Firefox 21 released with new providers, undo capabilities for New Tab Page and new features
- Firefox Nightly received fancy developer-aimed network monitor
- Firefox Nightly UX received fancy visual additions
- Firefox 20 released with fancy Download Manager and enhanced private-browsing mode
- Australis demoed with sub-view support