Musique 1.1 released with Last.fm scrobbling and more (PPA available)
The minimalistic, fancy music player, Musique, has been updated to 1.1 version, adding feedback-based features and various improvements.
What is new in Musique 1.1?
- Last.fm scrobbling (requires Last.fm account), under
- music collection, according to its developer, it is 2/3x faster
- automatic correction of track titles using Last.fm data
- improved album covers loading, including covers embedded in audio files
- support for lyrics embedded in MP3 files
How do we install Musique 1.1?
Add the following PPA (Lucid, Maverick, Natty, Oneiric, Precise)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ferramroberto/minitunes
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install musique
As a manual alternative, you can download Musique, unpack the package and run it by double-clicking the musique executable.
Even though the package number in the PPA is 1.0.1, the application is version 1.1.
- Etsy, RecipePuppy, Gdrive, Ebay, Gourmet, StackExchange, WeatherUnderground, OpenWeatherMap, Musique, Guayadeque, Gmusicbrowser, Clementine, Audacious, Gallica, Europeana scopes to probably land in Ubuntu 13.04 by default
- Push music tracks into Unity Music lens via Unity Music Extras scopes (support for Audacious, Clementine, Gmusicbrowser, Guayadeque and Musique)
- The new Minitunes, Musique 1.0, released