New CCSM lands in Ubuntu 12.04 removing sliders
One can observe and enjoy the work on details in Ubuntu 12.04, focused on various apps, both default and non-default (but usually needed for tweaking default applications).
Unity can be easily configured via
CompizConfig Settings Manager-->Ubuntu Unity plugin, where there are numerous options useful for setting Unity's appearance and interactions, mainly by dragging sliders (for a higher or lower value).
Although the sliders are fast and clickable, sometimes they can be moved by mistake (like for instance when scrolling the page, the slider steals that scrolling action, thus modifying its value), causing problems (some of them not even noticeable).
A new updated version of CompizConfig Settings Manager has just landed in Ubuntu 12.04's main repos, removing the sliders, consequently, reducing the accidental adjustments.
CCSM is not installed by default, in order to install it, type in a terminal
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
- CompizConfig Settings Manager updated with attention dialog and fixed Unity plugin
- Compiz 0.9.7 landed in Precise Pangolin with an overall improved performance
- Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS released and available for download
- How to easily add names for workspaces in Ubuntu 12.10
- Compiz 0.9.8 landed in Ubuntu 12.10 with dedicated unminimize animation, new plugins and numerous fixes