The new "finished" unfocused state landed in Precise Pangolin
Weeks ago, Precise's Ambiance and Radiance received a first implementation of a new unfocused state, targeted to probably enhance usability and to provide a "true" modern focused versus unfocused interaction between windows.
The first implementation was "unfinished", applyable only on maximized focused windows versus a focused unmaximized window (the new unfocused state was borrowed by the fullscreen window) but visible only on some window elements, resulting in a partial unfocusing of the window (some orange/selected items were still perceivable).
New updates have landed in Ubuntu 12.04 bringing the total implementation of the new unfocused state, applyable on almost all windows (maximized and unmaximized) and on all elements (progressbar, ON/OFF buttons, various selections, etc), furthermore the titlebars and the tollbars lose their "strength" when in unfocused state, gracefully completing the implementation of the new unfocused state.
- The refreshed Ambiance and Radiance landed in Ubuntu 12.10
- Ubuntu 12.10's official launchpad branch exposes new exciting Ambiance and Radiance additions
- Ambiance and Radiance updated for Compiz's Modal Dialog plugin (Oneiric Ocelot)
- Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS released and available for download
- Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS released