New Unity launcher mockup adds creative optimizations
Unity is Ubuntu's default interface that allows users, along with numerous functionalities, to access applications via its launcher, access helped by tooltips, progressbar, badges, "accordion effect", etc.
Along with millions and millions of users, it seems that Unity is attracting artists also, that, usually via mockups, express a creative vision "implemented" in what-should-be, as related to the artist's view.
Rylexr published a mockup, expressing an alternate view as related to Unity launcher's method of exposing active/opened application, deeply integrated progressbar, as well as new manners when dealing with multiple active apps (grouping them in order to remove the "accordion" effect).
According to the artist, the vertical line that would express an application's active state, should smoothly be scrolled between launcher icons.
- Creative third-party artist releases part 2 of the Unity launcher mockup
- Creative developer proposes interesting Unity feature
- Unity updated in Raring Ringtail with refreshed clockwise Ubuntu logo
- Unity updated in Ubuntu 13.04 with performance improvements and smoother Unity Previews animations
- Ubuntu 13.04's Unity gained interesting checked state for quicklists