Powerful clipboard manager Diodon received new icons (daily builds)
Usually, app icons play an important role on establishing the identity of applications, visual items that contain essential aspects of applications and/or shapes, colors, patterns, etc, designed with an easy-app-identification process in mind.
Diodon is a fast, powerful and effective clipboard manager, allowing users to enjoy a high-quality clipboard-related experience, furthermore, incorporating (on demand) a dedicated Unity lens and an experimental Zeitgeist integration, essentially, immersing itself into a modern desktop-integrated app approach.
Diodon 0.9 (daily stage) has just been enriched with new icons, refreshing its identity and properly expressing itself via simplistic yet interesting monochrome icons, as well as adopting colored icons.
Basically, the newly implemented icons come with a double-sided approach:
- two monochrome icons used under Ubuntu Mono Dark and Ubuntu Mono Light (Ubuntu's default icon themes used in relation to Ambiance and Radiance), icons representing a clip; due to its size and orientation (subtly oriented towards right), the icon properly fits its allocated Unity panel space, while transmitting a light minimalist look & feel, look that is to be immediately identified by users as a clipboard manager
- a colored icon representing a Diodon fish, used as the default app icon; enabling an icon theme (different from Ubuntu Mono Dark and Ubuntu Mono Light), renders Diodon with a pleasant-to-the-eye Diodon fish icon, icon that, due to its squared approach, is properly presented on the Unity panel, thus the user is to easily locate/identify it
The colored Diodon icon is used for
Preferences and regular app representation, too, thus searching Diodon in the Dash (by typing
diodon in the search area), exposes the colored icon as the main icon (regardless of the system's used icon theme,--including Ubuntu Mono Dark and Ubuntu Mono Light--), approach adopted also by navigating to
Diodon appindicator-->Preferences (action that exposes Diodon on the Unity launcher with its colored icon).
Furthermore, Unity Diodon lens uses the new monochrome icon, removing the old generic (gtk-paste) icon, moving towards a more refined worked-on-detail lens.
Quoting from Diodon's developer, "Please let me know about your feedback. Especially if you see any flaws of the icon may it be a color which is not after the guideline, not correct size, wrong padding or anything else. This is very much appreciated".
Feedback can be reported on https://bugs.launchpad.net/diodon/+bug/693173
How do we test/install Diodon 0.9(.341)?
Add the following daily (probably unstable) PPA (Precise, Quantal, Raring)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:diodon-team/daily
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install diodon
- Versatile clipboard manager Diodon 1.0 landed in Raring's Ubuntu Software Center
- Powerful clipboard manager, Diodon 1.0, released with new icons
- Diodon 0.9, Unity-integrated clipboard manager, adds support for Ubuntu 12.10 and fixes
- Diodon 0.8 released with power saving improvements and more (Ubuntu 12.04 PPA available)
- Diodon clipboard manager 0.7 final released (icon designer needed)