The refreshed Ambiance and Radiance landed in Ubuntu 12.10
After successfully landing the ALPHA 3, it seems that the developers are, at the moment, oriented towards bringing new user interface changes in Ubuntu 12.10, enriching various parts of the desktop with long-awaited visual addition, that are to generate a more up-to-date fancy look&feel.
Yesterday, we presented a basic set of probable changes related to Ubuntu's default themes, featuring various changes and new refreshed user interface elements.
The latest updates remove the probable approach, landing the new changes in Quantal's default installation.
At a first glance, one can easily observe the new "fat" rounded theming attitude, attitude (parts of it) published (as a mockup) months ago by the developers via Google Docs-based documents (related to Unity, System Settings, etc), and now expressed via search bars and buttons, as well as:
- Ubuntu 12.10's official launchpad branch exposes new exciting Ambiance and Radiance additions
- The new "finished" unfocused state landed in Precise Pangolin
- Ambiance and Radiance updated for Compiz's Modal Dialog plugin (Oneiric Ocelot)
- How to easily add names for workspaces in Ubuntu 12.10
- Compiz 0.9.8.6 landed in Ubuntu 12.10 with Unredirect Fullscreen Windows enabled by default (improved performance for fullscreen apps and games)