Shotwell 0.10 released with improved crop tool, bug fixes and more
Ubuntu's default digital photo organizer, Shotwell has been updated to version 0.10, which follows the path of the last releases (bug fixes-related), but also, introduces new features and options.
What's new in Shotwell 0.10?
- crop tool is more accurate and flexible now (it lets you crop very small parts of an image, so, no more limitations)
- automatic database backup
- Totem isn't a dependency for the Shotwell video thumbnailer anymore
- option to adjust time&date for videos
- new saved search with numerous logic filters like "starts with", "ends with", "does not contain", etc (run it with Ctrl+S)
- the uploaded images (on Facebook and Picasa) don't use the filenames as titles anymore
- updated translations
How do we install Shotwell 0.10?
Add the following PPA (Maverick, Natty)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install shotwell