SoundCloud, Askubuntu, Manpages, Yelp, Radios and ClearDarkSky scopes to probably land in Ubuntu 13.04 by default
Among exciting discussions, plans and goals, at Ubuntu Developer Summit R, the developers announced a definitely interesting to-be-pursued-in-the-future initiative, stating that one hundred scopes are to probably land in Ubuntu 13.04 by default.
The statement immediately triggered interest across the Ubuntu community, users inquiring into what, how, where, when (as related to the 100 scopes), bundle of questions answered by Ubuntu Scopes, an official launchpad project designed with the main purpose of grouping and optimizing scopes that are to probably land in Ubuntu 13.04 (and further) by default.
Immediately after its creation, Ubuntu Scopes has started to constantly gain new and new scopes, generating an already-interesting set of scopes (data sources), such as Wordnik, Wikipedia, YahooStock, Google News, etc.
Furthermore, it seems that day-after-day, Ubuntu Scopes is enriched with fresh scopes, continuing to increase its number of scopes to a substantial amount.
New scopes have landed in the existing project, adding SoundCloud, Askubuntu, Manpages, Yelp, Radios and ClearDarkSky to the to-be-implemented-as-default-in-Raring-Ringtail scopes.
- The official online tour updated and available for Ubuntu 13.04
- Ubuntu 13.04 released, provides massive amount of performance improvements and new features
- Unity updated in Raring Ringtail with refreshed clockwise Ubuntu logo
- Unity updated in Ubuntu 13.04 with performance improvements and smoother Unity Previews animations
- Friends-app updated with optimized size, how-to screen and improvements