Steadyflow + Chromium = Chromeflow extension (released)
Steadyflow 0.1.6 is a neat download manager with a fancy look and extra options (compared with the built-in download manager in web-browsers) that just fits in Natty with the new appindicator support.
Although Mozilla Firefox and Epiphany have previously received support (through FlashGot and Ephyflow), Chromium lacked integration with Steadyflow.
A new properly named extension, Chromeflow, which integrates Steadyflow in Chromium, is out and supports both 32-bit and 64-bit.
All you have to do is to download and automatically install the .crx file (the extension).
The usage is quite easy, just right-click on desired content-->Download with Steadyflow.
Optionally, choose your desired download location, stop/resume the download, adjust its settings (show notification popups, show indicator panel, etc).
How do we install Steadyflow 0.1.6?
Add the following PPA (Maverick, Natty, Oneiric)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sikon/steadyflow
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install steadyflow
If you want to install the Ephyflow extension (integration with Epiphany web-browser)
sudo apt-get install ephyflow
only for Maverick at the moment, but, most likely, the PPA will be updated in the near future (Natty, Oneiric).
- Lightweight download manager, Steadyflow 0.2, released
- Access your Firefox and Chromium/Chrome web-history with Unity Web History lens (PPA available)
- uTouch-based Chromium smooth scrolling to probably land in Precise Pangolin
- Chromium 15 final released with fancy New Tab page, extended menu and more
- Chromium 14 final released with built-in smooth scrolling