System Settings received new Unity tweaking functionalities in Raring Ringtail
System Settings houses numerous configuration options, allowing the user to hassle-free tweak a basic-yet-relevant set of options, such as
Brightness & Lock,
Under System Settings (installed in Ubuntu by default),
Look (support to change wallpapers, Unity launcher's icon size) and
Behavior, latter sub-panel containing the 1-click away ability to set the Unity launcher's auto-hide behavior.
The latest updates landed in Raring Ringtail introduce new functionalities for
Appearance, such as
Enable workspaces (enabled by default) and
Add show desktop icon to the launcher (disabled by default).
Enable workspaces, automatically removes (disables) the
Workspace Switcher icon from the Unity launcher, yet, checking it again, restores the icon on the launcher.
Add show desktop icon to the launcher, adds a
Show Desktop icon on the launcher, clicking on the
Show Desktop icon, hides the displayed-on-the-desktop windows, hitting it again, shows on the desktop the previously-hidden windows.
- The official online tour updated and available for Ubuntu 13.04
- Ubuntu 13.04 released, provides massive amount of performance improvements and new features
- Unity updated in Raring Ringtail with refreshed clockwise Ubuntu logo
- Unity updated in Ubuntu 13.04 with performance improvements and smoother Unity Previews animations
- Friends-app updated with optimized size, how-to screen and improvements