Thunderbird 13 released with Filelink and new email providers
Thunderbird, the versatile email client, has been updated to another interesting release, version 13 final, continuing its road towards adding new features.
The new Thunderbird 13 introduces two new features:
- Filelink, a new technology that allows user to send large attachments using YouSendIt, an online "place" specialized in sending "large files from any device, anywhere";
to use the mentioned functionality (payed service), navigate to
Thunderbird-->Edit-->Preferences-->Attachments-->Outgoing-->Add-->enter username and password
- new automatic email providers (payed service), "in partnership with Gandi and Hover, you can now sign up for a personalized email address from within Thunderbird. Along with your new email address, Thunderbird will be automatically set up and ready to send and receive messages"
Thunderbird 13 is to land in Ubuntu via the Update Manager in the next hours/days.
- Thunderbird's address book official prototype published
- FileSwap Filelink add-on adds FileSwap file attachment support to Thunderbird (free service, anonymous account supported)
- Thunderbird 17 ALPHA 2 receives new "cog"-like Australis button
- Use Dropbox for big-sized attachments in Thunderbird via the add-on Dropbox for Filelink
- Launchpad up-to-date official blueprint: Add overlay scrollbar support for Thunderbird and Firefox (probably Ubuntu 12.10)