Tomboy is back as a default Ubuntu 11.10 app
Ubuntu's default note-taking application, Tomboy, has been until now (starting two weeks ago) surrounded by a cloud of misunderstanding about its default removal from Oneiric Ocelot.
According to its official Twitter account "Tomboy is not being dropped from Ubuntu Oneiric. We just need to make a tiny fix in our dependency chain" (June 16th 2011).
It seems that all this trouble was generated by this "tiny fix" (leading to Tomboy's couple-of-days-long removal from Oneiric), and, now, it's official: Tomboy is back as a default Oneiric app.
- Ubuntu One removes the support for Tomboy notes syncing at the end of February 2013
- Tomboy 1.10 released with new icon and various enhancements
- Unity Askubuntu lens 0.2 released with categorized questions (Ubuntu 11.10)
- How to enable all the apps in the Startup Applications in Ubuntu 11.10
- Unityfox brings Unity integration for Firefox in Ubuntu 11.10